St. Pushpa School
[ Affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi. ]
General Rules - Students
- 1. All Students should be present in school on the opening day of each term.
- 2. If a student has been absent from the school, teacher will not admit him/her in the class and put the attendance till he/she shows the leave note signed by the parent/guardian and verified by the Principal. Students are directed to use the absence and leave record of the school calendar.
- 3. Irregular attendance, unjustified absence or objectionable moral behaviour justify dismissal. If a student is absent for ten consecutive days without an application, or for three days at the beginning of a term, his/her name may be struct off the rolls.
- 4. No student who has been absent from school or is late will be admitted in to class without the signed permission of the Principal.
- 5. All students are expected to line up in silence for the assembly at the sound of the first bell. After the assembly they should disperse in silence to their classes. They should maintain absolute silence during the General Assembly and while moving in to the classroom from the General Assembly. Silence should also be observed on the way to and while returning from games and library. General Assembly is the most important part of the school day. Every student should be present at it to begin the day with prayer to God and listen to the announcements by and advice of the Principal.
- 6. No books, other than the required text books, may be brought to school.
- 7. No student should leave the school premises during class hours without the knowledge and permission of the Principal.
- 8. Any damage to school property will have to be made good. The decision of the principal regarding the amount is final.
- 9. The school is not responsible for goods lost. Students should not carry or wear valuable articles when coming to school.
- 10. No student suffering from a contagious or infectious disease will be permitted to attend school. After recovery a Medical Certificate is to be submitted.
- 11. During school hours , students are not allowed to receive visitors or make phone calls or to answer a phone call. If the matter is very urgent, the message will be taken or given.
- 12. Any student desiring to be exempted from P.T. or games must produce a doctor’s certificate to the effect that he/she is physically unfit to take part.
- 13. All students should be habitually clean and always neatly dressed. They are expected to come in uniform everyday.
- 14. The school calendar should be daily brought to school.
- 15. The principal’s permission is required :
a) to make a collection for any purpose whatever,
b) to arrange for a party, picnic or meeting
c) to join a sports meet or to play a game not arranged by the school.
d) to give presents to teachers or stage demonstrations in their honour; and
e) to arrange for private tuition from the school teachers.
- 16. Students are urged to contribute to the high tone of the school by their manners and general behaviour.
- 17. They should be polite, friendly and well behaved in and outside the school. They should be respectful to their elders and teachers and truthful at all times.
- 18. They should be orderly, clean in their person, and neatly dressed and should also co-operate to maintain cleanliness in school.
- 19. As far as posture, cleanliness, silence, attention to work and respect to teachers and companions are concerned a class-room should be looked upon as a place of reverence and discipline.
- 20. All must come to school with lessons well prepared, and homework done. Text and exercise books and materials for drawing should be brought to school according to day’s routine.
- 21. Students should always strive to speak English in the school premises, and acquire the facility of conversation in English. They should maintain a high standard in their conversation.
- 22. No collection or sale or money of Raffle tickets, for any purpose whatsoever may be made without the prior sanction of the Principal. So also the presentation of gifts to staff members require prior sanction from the Principal.
- 23. No collective petition or complaint will be entertained but reasonable and individual ones will be sympathetically attended to.
- 24. Penalties may be imposed by the Principal at her discretion for breach of discipline, for habitual irregularity or late attendance.
- 25. Students unless required to stay back for any purpose with the permission of the Principal should leave the premises as soon as the school gets over. The school authorities are not responsible for the safety of any pupil after school hours. Necessary arrangements, therefore, should be made to take the children home immediately after school.
- 26. Private tutors may not be engaged except after consulting the Principal and with her written consent. NO tuition may be taken from the teachers who teaches the particular subject to the student.
- 27. For sufficient reasons, such as unsatisfied progress in studies, serious misconduct, dishonesty or absence from a test/examinations, non-payment of school fee, a pupil’s name may be struct off from rolls.
- 28. All pupils when admitted and while studying in this school must make themselves acquainted with the rules notified for their conduct.