St. Pushpa School
[ Affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi. ]
A Special Note to Parents...
- 1. In order to secure all that is best in the education of our children, the maximum co-operation between parents and the school authorities is desired. Hence parents/guardians are expected to co-operate with school authorities by enforcing regularity and discipline, by seeing that they prepare their lessons daily, come to school in time, wear neat and clean uniform and take an active and helpful interest in the activities of the school.
- 2. Parents/Guardians seeking admission of their children/wards are required to submit the prescribed application forms dully completed in all respects. When a scholar is admitted the parents/guardians are required to produce a transfer certificate from the school last attended along with the admission form. No admission will otherwise be made.
- 3. The very first condition of admission is that parent/guardians will comply strictly with the terms and rules herein stated and pay by the due date the tuition fees and all other charges.
- 4. A student who fails to pay fees up to date will not be allowed to appear for examinations.
- 5. Leave for absence may be granted for a sufficient reason, but only on application from the parent or guardian. This must be made in advance whenever possible. The absence and leave record sheet given at the end of the school diary must be made use of.
- 6. Any communication made by a parent should be addressed to the Principal and not to the Class Teacher. When thus communicating with the Principal, parents are requested to mention in their letter the name and the class of their children.
- 7. No visitors are allowed to see the students to interview their teachers during class hours.
- 8. Parents are also kindly requested not to visit classes during class hours. All business will be transacted in the office.
- 9. Parents are requested not send for or call away their children during class hours without application except in a case unforeseen emergency.
- 10. Parents and guardians are required to sign all the reports and to see that their children observe all the rules of the school.
- 11. Parents must realise that the Parents-Teachers Meetings are very important and they should attend them regularly.
- 12. We welcome constructive criticism. We feel happy when parents take interest in the running of the institutions and point out our drawbacks. Without regular feedback from the parents, it will be difficult for us to improve. It will be better to send the complaint, if any, to the Principal and not to the teachers.
- 13. The Principal reserves the right to inflict punishment up on students, either corporal or otherwise, as she may deem necessary.
- 14. Small children should not be entrusted with payment of fees.
- 15. Parents are requested to enforce regularity and discipline. They will kindly see that their children prepare their lessons daily. They should see that their children leave the home in time to be punctual in the school, prepare the work set to them and see that they devote sufficient time for their studies .
- 16. Giving presents to any of the School employees either in cash or in kind is totally discouraged.
- 17. Answer scripts of students for the Half-Yearly and Annual examination, will not, under any circumstances, be given to parents, private tutors or others.The school does not undertake to retain answer scripts of candidates who sit for these examinations for more than six months.
- 18. The interpretation of any rule in this Prospectus, as well as any amendments to it rests solely and entirely with the Governing Body of the school. This shall be final binding on parents/guardians and non case shall lie in any court of law in respect of the decision.
- 19. PRIVATE TUTION is not encouraged. Instead, the parents are requested to give personal attention to the children and help them in their doubts as far as possible.
- 20. Parents should check the school calendar regularly and sign any report recorded by the teachers, and assignments and home work given.
- 21.Parents/Guardians are requested to be in constant touch with the school to have a clear knowledge of their ward’s progress in studies. They must by all means attend the PARENT-TEACHER MEETING to consult with the teachers regarding their children.
- 22. Children must be trained in self-help by encouraging them to work and study. They should be taught to keep their rooms clean and tidy make their own beds, polish their own shoes, carry their own bags, etc. The formation of such habits in early life will inculcate in them the dignity of work, a fundamental necessary for a successful career.
- 23. The school authorities are not responsible for the safety of a student after school hours. Necessary arrangements must therefore be made by the parents to take the children home immediately after the class.
- 24. Bus facility is provided to those who are interested in it.